Tuesday 13 July 2021

This islands carpet

Take me higher 
Fly me out of this country 
Out of the world
That is shredded and falling apart

The surrounding environments feel weathered and no longer hold their classy feelings of being someone
The world has changed so much I can’t quite remember the before
Not just the guidance or recommendations or laws
But the people
So many people lost battles to something we can’t even see
Just an image designed to show that it’s dangerous 
With it it takes your last breath 

Not a soul can run from it and everyone I know I just want to protect 
But people listen to that moral panic 
That media storm that has taken the innocence and trust 
It throws itself dangerously against our shelter and drowns all that gets caught out

Not anything can run from that 
It’s like some csi film glitch that always runs you out 

Take me higher 
Put me in a seat and throw me into the atmosphere 
Let the faith and belief that I have help me land safely
That faith in the human I am 
Just a dash in time 
Born to make a difference
An impact on another

I feel like a saviour and a victim in the same second
Random rambles 
From the earth that we walk on
Under a sky that keeps the sun shining
From a different country
But in our island
Our island of chances and possibilities 

Never shade where you grew up
For it created who you are today
All those experiences and memories are encapsulated in this place of calm and peace

Enough peace to hear my thoughts this evening
Enough peace to empty the bins 
Process my ramblings into text to share with you 

No comments:

Post a Comment