Thursday 1 July 2021

Still hurts

It still hurts you know
That healing process has been going on for months
Like the wound that won’t seal
It pours out all over me sometimes
At night the tears are falling
I try all I can to control it but sometimes I just let it in
Let it consume
It has to


I’m still angry about it all the time 
Angry that it was him and us and now 
When life is already difficult 
When your career has become your life as you slowly drown below the expectations 
As you struggle to keep up with the mental well-being of all your students your staff and now family too
Hardest assault course I’ve ever been through 
Hated every second of it
Didn’t want to lose on my final day of college 
So I didn’t show up at all
Who was she
Run away at any risk of losing
These days I can be in last place and still push through 
It still hurts me though..

Seen as a role model
Me a role model?
Me inspiration 
Can’t quite get my breathe at those comments
I just blush and dismiss them
Crazy cat really aren’t I?

But I figure if I get better at this bit, the rest will fall in line 
Never really been someone who gives up 
I don’t give up on anyone
Not one student have I left behind
Drag them if I have to

Need that attitude with myself now

But just know
It still hurts
But I have faith in the healing 

No comments:

Post a Comment