Thursday 31 May 2018

Stand up and be counted

It's the worst thing ever when it happens
That moment when you think hang on a moment
I have lost myself
The reflection has changed
No one could have prevented it as at the end of the day life makes you who you are
I didn't see it happening but I did start to feel different
Like the person I was, was drowning
She had given up
Her courage was dying
She had become accepting of the treatment
She even began to stick up for herself

When I was growing up I was always strong and assertive
I was never pushed or weakened
My siblings could rely on me
I always had their back
Always stood up for the right
For the morally right

I'm so saddened I've been dampened
That my spirit is stuck in clouds
But I know I can get her back
She is worth so much more
I am capable of fixing this
I won't be subject to this

I've seen the damage now
I know it's enough now

My Nan's saying :

Don't let the basterds grind you down




No comments:

Post a Comment