Wednesday 7 March 2018

Goodbye.. New chapter awaits

I remember the day
It was the first month of a new year
I turned up with cars in abundance bags and clothes
I even walked some around the streets
It was my fresh start
new start
noone would know me here


After a few days my princess moved in
I was a lady and her cat and I was proud
She needed me and I had her and life was perfect

A year had passed and I had furnished my house really well
I owned so many appliances I felt great

The flat was always my haven
my go to
I used to rush here, run here, lock myself away here
It was my safe place
I would sit on weekends and watch the world go by
I used to hide here
Me and Joey against the world
Wrapped up in my comfort and my house

I was only ever renting but I was so home proud
I would host meals
I did Christmas dinner here for my family one year
I proposed to my fiancee here
I nearly lost myself here
I have cried laughed, screamed and been overjoyed here
I fell in love here
and all the way my cat has been by my side here
It was mine and Joeys home
And in time P completed the family here
We have had BBQs here and parties and film fests and hangovers

I am currently sat here
Our lives are boxed around me
The sun is bright outside the windows and its a clear day
no snow
and no rain.. for once
We are in single figures for the days and nights left here

My brain is busy hustling and bustling all of my memories
They are screeching passed me at a rate
I can barely grab them quick enough before they disappear into the night
But I will always hold them close to my heart

7 years since I lived in this neighbourhood
and we are leaving soon
I will miss it
I have loved and enjoyed it here
I am not leaving forever,
But I just wanted to document it

I never thought I would be a homeowner
I never thought I would be happy in love
I never thought I would be getting married
Who knew, life could surprise you so much

Give you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment