Friday 16 February 2018

My Dad

I can remember the first time
I was in the kitchen and Dad was at his seat putting his bike trousers on over his jeans and his leather jacket on
He also had this balaclava too and I used to think 'my dad looks so cool'
But I was a teenager, so I never told him.

I would be sat in the kitchen with him with my bright orange trousers on, my three jumpers and gloves.. Waiting for the bikers jacket to arrive so I could wear it.
Life was so exhilaring then
Life could just stop for hours
Nothing took over
Excitement was free and full and available all the time
We stepped out onto the porch and we were kitted and booted up
His motorbike was on the pavement revving and ready
We were off to Wales
I was so excited
I'd worried all morning as I wasn't sure we'd go as the weather had been so rubbish
But, with the rain and wind we were going and I was absolutely buzzing.

When you are sat on a bike.. Life stands still
You are going so fast sometimes you actually lose yourself
God I miss that feeling sometimes
Being sat down with my Dad on this vehicle that just blasted passed people
Within seconds we were dust
I used to hold on to the back of the bike
I wanted to be cool
My secret is I always wanted to hold onto my Dad but was too proud too

My childhood was amazing
And so special
What, with my part time job with my Dad and my bike rides and trips I was always busy and excited

This is a reminder of my happy place
The time we could just ride off into the sunset with my Dad..

I saw a Dad and daughter tonight on a motorbike whilst I was driving home from work and the tears rolled down my cheeks
I wasn't upset
I just felt so lucky to have had those memories too.

We get older so quickly
Time does fly
But I just want my Dad to know how much those memories mean to me and how closely to my heart they are held

Thank you
Childhood was awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment