Wednesday 18 October 2017

Autumn bliss

Kicking the leaves across the street
Hustle and bustle of adult life surrounds me
I look down at my feet as they step one by one and have flashback feelings
I remember being younger and kicking the leaves this time of year
Picking up mountains of brown autumn leaves that have fallen and throwing them up above my head
The sheer joy in my eyes and my smile lit up in the autumn sun
My duffel coat keeping the brisk wind out
My gloves getting leaves stuck to them
That string that kept them attached through my arms
I have always loved autumn
It used to excite me as I knew Christmas was next
The darker nights and dark mornings
The fresh morning dew in the fields
The smell of change
The understanding of the four seasons
Seeing this one make the most change to the surroundings
All that has lived has fallen down
Now under my feet with a crunch

The colours are beautiful and always have been
The countryside looks covered in life
Different shades and different types
But all now laying low for this season
I still kick the leaves
I still look out for conkers
I see the squirrels amongst the trees up high
So much in life changes
Your face your feelings your thoughts mature with your age
But it's so nice to know that some precious childhood memories will always follow me
Along with my footsteps
One after the other walking into my future
With this season bringing the comfort of its consistency
It's reliable smell and colours
Thank you seasons
It's a beautiful moment
When you realise that age is just your number
It doesn't stop you remembering
Autumn is always beautiful
Bring on the fireworks...

No comments:

Post a Comment