Wednesday 11 February 2015

Family

Lay the foundation
Tell me all of your wisdom
Save some until I am older
Put on my coat and warn me of the cold
Help me with my laces
Wrap me up in your love
Show me to the door
Make sure I open it
Make sure I walk through it
Don't do it for me
Teach me, don't lead me
Show me, don't tell me
Let all of my life be my own
Wrapped up in your manual of life
I will struggle, I will plead for help
Don't be tough but teach me strength
Watch me dust myself off
Watch me make my self
Be proud when I succeed
As You know I will
For you are my foundation
You made the base and I created the pattern
Each day I mold my life into my own shapes
I let people in and push people out and it is all my own doing
My life is my way
My decisions come from my heart
No one can ever tell me
For to try will push me and to push me is to lose me
Respect is higher than any comparable height
The love continues to grow
You are my everything
And I wrote this out to just let you know

No comments:

Post a Comment