Friday 16 January 2015

My Journey

The hill seemed ridiculous
Looking at it as we pulled up
My heart just sank... i was never going to climb it
Groups of people started to arrive
We had created chants to keep the drive and motivation
"If we want it to happen it will"
Over and over like fans in a football final
Crowds formed and the challenge became real
Looking around peoples faces just looked excited
They said the view was breathtaking and we all wanted to see it
So on your marks get set, go!!!
The power walk began
It at first seemed too easy, people started drinking their liquids eating their energy and chatting like we were almost at the top... but we weren't we had barely started
My legs were throbbing, aches and pains and blisters... I'll be honest the curiosity of the view didn't seem as thrilling anymore.
The crowd died down... people tailed off or gave up
Rolled themselves back down the little acheivement they'd accomplished
I would watch but kept thinking, I've come this far... i should keep going
If you want it to happen it will
Don't just give in
I was exhausted
My water was out and my leg was agony
But i felt so close
It felt warmer
Calmer
The energy felt amazing
My heart soared
That feeling of achievement
One i never felt possible
I was there and my god it took my breath away
You stood at the top of your paradise
It looked like... to be honest i can't say
For I walked it to find out for myself
And to myself i shall keep it
If you want to see, you'll have to compete too
Compete in life and see where your life could end up
Quick before time runs out...

No comments:

Post a Comment