Sunday 5 April 2020

Mum Arnii

From day one you just understood who I was
You knew my language
You would know when I needed a hug 
We were encompassed in a friendship that went deeper than blood
We would be able to really talk to each other and it make a difference 
You picked me up when I felt unable 
You'd be a guide in the dark
You would warn me even if I went ahead anyway 

You are someone who must have experienced enough to pass on your wisdom to us and others
You are a professional who has empowered people all your working life 
You were someone, as a child, that I wanted to be
I always wanted to make you laugh
I have always wanted to make you proud 

You are my Mum
You are my anchor to life
You helped me through the difficult times and came with me through the good

You have a great sense of humour
You have great dress sense
You love shoes and old school drama series
You love Bowie
And I love you

Happy birthday Mum
Be proud of all you have achieved and who I am, as a result of your guidance


No comments:

Post a Comment