Wednesday 23 October 2019

silenced

You can be so full of words and in an instant something is said that shuts your mind off.
There is no where to run to when you are the voice of reason
You are the one they chose to open up to
The one to share such a close secret with 

You aren't ready 
I mean what makes you prepared for that 
But they look for guidance 
They said they felt they could and they wanted to

Scary when it's something you are familiar with 
Something you can personally sympathise with 
Hits you 

So you think
What would you want to hear 
What would help you
You tell them not to hide from it
You tell them not to be ashamed 
Life can be difficult
We all manage it differently 
Never hide from yourself 
We all get strength from somewhere 
And as a result this will strengthen you 

They look pleased and upset by your answer but almost like they'd hoped and knew you'd understand 
Thankful 
They looked at me
Because I am their guidance 
I am their confidante 
I did my best


Does not mean it was easy though.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment