Wednesday 24 January 2018

Poem written by me: 10/6/2012

Then one day she was woken up
Bolt upright - full of knowing what next
Some people didnt get her,
But she has finally come to realise that's not her problem.
This is who she is and she's comfortable with it
Ups and downs have fell aplenty
However it's all been too much of the same thing
Nobody expects a fricking standing ovation
Just the nod of one's head in recognition of acceptance.
Battles have felt so long and draining
but it was only my minds thought I was chatting at,
And she's the same girl
- so go figure.
As I said, one day she was woken up,
And now I am aware of the next
Check list on the been,
And now listing off the to do
Until till then, goodbye.

This poem was found in an old journal and was written from the bed of my cousin Danny's house nr Dusseldorf, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment