Wednesday 12 April 2017

The X Game

Shouldn't feel jealous
Shouldn't compare it
No that would be stupid of me to

Shouldn't be concerned with
Or ask questions about
Or even let images stick in my mind

To allow this will allow more
And swimming is what I'll do
And then drowning will become the next moment
And then dead

I cannot compare it
They aren't the same
The time frame is different
The relationship is different
I'm not the same
Neither are they

So what if language changed
So what if they've travelled more
So what
This isn't a competition
This isn't a race
You don't win anything if you sit and disgrace
You just embarrass yourself and leave yourself weak

Don't be full of hate my dear
Just accept the been and gone
Just allow the life to run as it may
Don't go back into space you never were
Just be in the here and now


No comments:

Post a Comment