Sunday 29 January 2017

Never a better companion

The day has been etched on my brain since day one
I can remember finding out and being so excited Mum had said yes
I watched you come into this life and I was smitten
You were and are adorable

I can remember impatiently waiting for you to be ready and your eyes open
I couldn't wait to get to know you and spend some time with you

Uni was tough, because I knew then I would be leaving you behind
You gave me company every night
I remember coming home on visits and crying into your fur
You comforted me through the toughest times

Now you are 13 years old, turning 14 in April and my heart bleeds for you
I can see that you are getting older and it terrifies me
I don't want you to leave me

I found a lump this morning and I was broken
I haven't felt myself all day
You are my pet and I love you
I don't want to imagine life without you

So I allow the tears to roll down my face and I look deep into my heart and I pray
I pray for you
Never have I felt so understood
So necessary to some one elses life
3 whole years you have lived with me and never once did I feel alone

Please stay a little bit longer
I need you to
I love you and I will be here for you

I have written this to remind myself.

Whatever happens I was very fortunate to have this cat in my life
To Joey

With love, forever x

No comments:

Post a Comment