Sunday 6 October 2024

Neck sprain

For the neck sprained and it caused me pain 
It caused the deepest pain imaginable
It kept me in one place 
Forged shut and without support 
I could no longer sit quietly and watch people pass by
For I could not watch them leave or be their shoulder should they cry

This neck paralyzed me in this moment and would not let me go
No painkiller released me 
No sleep rested me 
Tortured souls enveloped me as I tried all night to switch off
But in a disarray woken up I was
Startled by the earlyness of the hour
As my pain overtook my breath 
It controlled my head and I could not shake it 
I could not shake it as I couldn’t move 

Yet i remain hopeful 
I can feel the day upon me
The blueness in the sky
The love surrounds me and lifts me high above this shit
I will be patient 
Accept that I sometimes need to relax 
Let this time be unwasted 

No comments:

Post a Comment